In this experiment students work with radioactive sources and radiation detection apparatus. They perform quantitative measurements of the properties of these sources.
|Sample Results||Experimentally achieved histogram overlaid with the Poisson distribution for the gamma source
|Version||3rd November 2015,2015-v3|
Further Readings and References
- Radioactivity Modern physics, Thomson Learning, Inc. , Serway, Mosses and Moyer 479 , (2005).
- Example taken from Boas's book Mathematical methods in the physical sciences , M. L. Boas 729
- Radioactivity Intermediate atomic and nuclear physics, St. Martin's Press. New York , A. W. Harrison 116 , (1966).
- Radioactive decay Concepts of Modern Physics, McGraw-Hill companies , Arthur Beiser 419 , (2003).
- About the Poisson Distribution Statistics methods and applications , Dr. M. Afza Beg 198