This is our advanced physics laboratory that offers state-of-the-art experimental training in specialist experiments to our advanced undergrads and graduate students. There is more project work, troubleshooting, experimental design and lots of open ended inquiries. The course also comprises components of scientific writing, presentation, computation, workshop practice and innovation.
- Course outline and grading strategy for PHY 300/500 (Lab 2) 2016 session
- Schedule Episode 1 (2016)
- Schedule Episode 2 (2016)
go to site Graphical programming and data acquisition using Labview
- Quick start guide to Labview by National Instruments
- Exercise for Fall 2016 session: for supplementary material, visit this page.
- Obtaining a temperature measurement using a thermocouple
- Information about thermocouples from omega.com
- Guide to thermocouples from National Instruments
- Sample homework on Labview
- Also see our workshop on graphical programming 2016 and notes uploaded there
enter site Uncertainties and measurement
- Read Ch 1-6, Section 9.1, 9.6 of I.G. Hughes, T.P.A. Hase “Measurements and their Uncertainties” before 28 September 2016.
- Homework on uncertainties. Due date is Thursday, October 13, 9:30 am.
http://evfta.com/?p=download-Adobe-Framemaker-9&b18=01 Workshop practice
- See the webpage for the mechanical workshop
- Details of the CNC machining centre
- Presentation on the mechanical workshop by Muhammad Rizwan
- Exercise for workshop practice (2016), prepared by Muhammad Rizwan
discount Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 64 bit How to write your lab report
Students are required to type their lab reports in LaTeX. To be able to use LaTeX on your computers, follow the following guidelines:
(1) Install Miktex from the website. MikTeX is a really nice implementation of LaTeX. (2) Install an editor. A free editor is Texniccenter. Another editor that requires a password is Winedt. (3) Try compiling the following sample files. If it works, and a pdf or dvi or ps output is produced, well and good. Use the template for typesetting beautiful documents rich with mathematics, equations and graphics.
All images must be in eps format.For example, figures made in Matlab in .fig format must be saved as *.eps and imported into the LaTeX source code.We normally use Adbobe’s Photoshop and Illustrator for formatting of bitmapped and vector graphics respectively.http://civilengineeringmcq.com/?oem=discount-Adobe-Illustrator-CS3&d28=af
Alibre Design Expert 2012 best price