- Every member of Physlab family is required to have a lab notebook to document and log all their activities. You may collect your notebook from Mr. Arshad Maral (Deputy Manager) Physics Department.
- The IST LUMS will provide you with a LUMS user ID. Once you receive it please share it with Mr. Azeem Iqbal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Access to printer
Physlab has three printers.
- Google Group
Please share your Gmail ID with Mr. Azeem Iqbal (email@example.com). You will be added to the Physlab Google Group.
We procure consumables, instruments and equipment that is readily available for anyone working in the laboratory. The primary source is the stockroom located in the heart of Physlab. It is managed by Mr. Ali Hassan (firstname.lastname@example.org) Junior Lab Facilitator. We have an online director which you can use to get a glimpse of the stocked items at:
Other than stockroom all our imports and local purchase is made available online through our website at: https://physlab.org/inventory/
It is a password protected space. Please contact Mr. Azeem Iqbal (email@example.com) if you require access to this space.
For all kinds of orders and purchases please contact Mr. Arshad Maral. You are required to come up with a quotation or a proforma invoice from the desired vendor.
General Lab Rules
The following list of rules is general in nature and always applies to the laboratory environment. Rules and guidelines specific to a particular piece of laboratory equipment or a particular laboratory will be given at the time of the laboratory.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the laboratory.
- Wear proper clothing with closed shoes.
- Follow all the SOPs while working with the electronic equipment.
- Do not modify or damage the laboratory equipment.
- In case the fire alarm sounds, please exit the building by the nearest safe exit. Do
- Not Use The Elevators.
- If the fire is not in the room and immediate danger is not apparent, then quickly exit the room or just leave the stuff behind.
- In the case of any other emergency, follow the instructions of the laboratory.
- instructor and all safety personal that may have responded to the scene.
Please maintain your backups using any online tool.
We provide our researchers with an online repository where they can find all manuals on how to use a certain equipment in the laboratory.