Class Timings and Venue: 2 pm to 2:50 pm, Monday in 10-202.
Office Hours: Walk in on Monday morning.
Class TA: Haadi Masood
Link to the video playlist: Here
My heart lies in physics (3 lectures)
- Basics of pressure and fluid flow Video
- Ohm’s law of fluid flow, branching in the circulatory system Video
- Big view of pulsatile flow of blood in the body and measuring blood pressure, cardiac cycle Video: In this lecture I also demonstrated arterial oscillations of the artery which is also an experiment in Lab-1 at PhysLab. Here are the slides that I used. The images in these slides are all taken from internet sources.
Spark of life (6 lectures)
- Basics of electricity, charge, capacitance, currents, potentials Video
- Potential across the cell membrane and action potential Video
- Action potential, nerve conduction, sodium and potassium channels Video. I also demonstrated charging and discharging of a capacitor and the meaning of time constant. This idea will come in later.
- Integrate-and-fire model of a neuron Video
- Hodgkin and Hucxley model of a firing neuron Video
- Physics of the ECG Video. I also demonstrated the acquisition of the ECG signal in class.
Quantum aspects in life (4 lectures)