This experiment illustrates the basic concepts of Fourier Analysis using simple experimental setup. We will also measure the propagation speed of thermal oscillations, analyze the heat equation and calculate the diffusivity of the material under consideration.
|Sample Results||Temperature oscillations picked up by the four PhysTherm’s|
|Version||February 18, 2022 Version 2022-1|
Further Readings and References
- Fourier analysis of thermal diffusive wavesAmerican Journal of Physics, M. S. Anwar, J. Alam, M. Wasif, R. Ullah, S. Shamim, and W. Zia, 82, 928, (2014).
- An undergraduate experiment on the progagation of thermal wavesAmerican Journal of Physics, A. Bodas, V. Gandia and E. Lopez-Baeza, 66, 528, (1998).
- Concepts in Thermal Physics (OUP), S. J. Blundell and K. M. Blundell, , 88, (1st Edition).
- Energy propagation of thermal wavesEuorpean Journal of Physics, Agust´ın Salazar, 27, 1349, (2006).
- What is a wave?NATURE, John A. Scales and Roel Snieder, 401, 739, (1999).